- European Research Infrastructures, including e-Infrastructures
To establish a set of agreements for participating world regions to consolidate/complete middleware for a marketplace of services and real-time applications to benefit global science communities.
- To enable mobility and seamless access to services by:
– promoting the establishment of identity federations connected to eduGAIN,
– creating awareness of privacy and security issues, and
– increasing uptake of eduroam.
- To enable the provision of collaboration tools and services among NRENs based on NREN-run applications made available via a worldwide application market.
- To seek consensus on interoperability of real-time applications and work towards the adoption of standards such as those proposed by the Global CEO Forum
- To foster the collaborative work of Global Science Communities by actively promoting the participation researchers in European Commission Calls, etc
MAGIC: Middleware for collaborative Applications and Global vIrtual Communities
Project evaluated and approved for a Grant by the EC in Horizon 2020
EU contribution € 1,388,972
Start: 1st May 2015
End: 30th April 2017
Building on the success of the ELCIRA project, RedCLARA -with partners from Latin America, Europe, the Caribbean, West and Central Africa, Eastern and Southern Africa, North Africa and the Middle East, Central Asia and Asia-Pacific is leading MAGIC, a cooperation project which aims to significantly improve the ability of researchers and academics around the world to collaborate together.