- Nanotechnologies, Advanced Materials, Advanced Manufacturing and Processing, and Biotechnology
The purpose of this call is to lay the foundations for tomorrow’s industry in Europe, and to create jobs and growth through an innovation ecosystem for the design, development, testing, and upscaling of advanced materials and nanotechnologies. This should enable a vast array of applications and facilitate innovators to bring their disruptive ideas to the market. Success will be seen in an effective eco-system allowing innovators to overcome the technological and regulatory barriers.
The call covers:
- Open Innovation Test Beds will provide for development and upscaling of advanced materials and nanotechnologies, combining digital, chemical and physical advances for innovative new products and services.
- Advanced characterization tools, predictive modelling of materials at different scales, and support for a framework to ensure public safety in nanotechnology.
The call is expected to create about 20 Open Innovation Test Beds for materials development and upscaling in six technology domains, four Open Innovation Test Beds for materials characterization in addition to the already existing NanoSafety Platform. These are expected to collaborate in order to create a European ecosystem.
The call will contribute to the focus area on Digitising and Transforming European Industry and Services, by supplying the innovation test beds for upscaling, characterization and Opens Simulation Platforms, Market Places and workflows for modelling that will complement the digital innovation hubs.
Proposals are invited against the following topic(s):
- DT-NMBP-04-2020 Open Innovation Test Beds for nano-enabled bio-based materials (IA)
- DT-NMBP-05-2020 Open Innovation Test Beds for materials for building envelopes (IA)
- DT-NMBP-06-2020 Open Innovation Test Beds for nano-pharmaceuticals production (IA)
- DT-NMBP-11-2020 Open Innovation Platform for Materials Modelling (RIA)
- DT-NMBP-40-2020 Creating an open market place for industrial data (RIA)
- NMBP-16-2020 Safe by design, from science to regulation: multi-component nanomaterials (RIA)
- NMBP-35-2020 Towards harmonised characterisation protocols in NMBP (RIA)
Proposals for Research and Innovation Actions and Innovation Actions submitted under this call should include a business case and exploitation strategy, as outlined in the Introduction to the LEIT part of the Work Programme 2018-2020 except for the following topics: NMBP-16-2020; NMBP-36-2020; NMBP-37-2020 and NMBP-38-2020.
Deadline date: 12 December 2019 17:00:00 Brussels time
Second stage deadline: 14 May 2020 17:00:00 Brussels time